Company: Cochrane & Porter Insurance Agency, Inc. / Renaissance Insurance Group, LLC
Job Title: Sales Producer
Department: Cochrane & Porter Insurance Agency, Inc.
Reports To: Executive Vice President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Attach your resume and apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cochrane & Porter Insurance Agency is looking for highly motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, self-reliant professionals to receive inbound calls, make proactive outbound calls, and develop their own leads in an effort to sell personal and commercial lines insurance products. We’re looking for candidates with a competitive spirit and positive attitude to prepare specialized quotes for our prospects and to aggressively close sales.
In addition to providing quotes and sales to prospects, the Sales Producers reach out to our existing customer base for cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, and support the Marketing Department by maintaining effective customer relations, implementing other sales referral programs and participating in our customer retention programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is a plus but not required
- Must hold an active MA Property and Casualty Insurance Producer License
- Ideal candidate would have 3 or more years experience in insurance, some of which was focused on insurance sales.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated persuasion and negotiation skills, excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Spanish-language fluency a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Make proactive outbound calls and receive inbound calls in an effort to quote and bind insurance coverage
- Provide an exceptional sales experience to prospects in order to meet sales targets and performance goals
- Pre-qualify prospects, perform an insurance needs assessment, obtain accurate information and prepare personalized quotes while using assumptive closing techniques to close sales
- Maintain product knowledge for all lines of business and products written
- Develop and maintain relationships in order to grow your network and self-generate leads
- Meet the forecasted premium volume and commission growth goals
- Create and maintain prospect and suspect lists within the agency systems
- Request referrals from existing client base as well as new clients
- Review select client’s insurance programs as needed to identify gaps and coverage or other lines of business to be written and make recommendations
- Maintain a concern for timeliness and accuracy when interacting with clients, agency, and company personnel to provide a positive customer experience and minimize potential risk of error or omission claims
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to proficiently perform each essential duty.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Adaptability – Adapts well to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit situation; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events; Must be able to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Written Communication Skills – Strong writing skills; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Ability to compose expressive documents, reports, and letters utilizing proper grammar, punctuation, and appropriate writing styles.
- Verbal Communication and Presentation Skills – Ability to communicate effectively with executives, managers, member agents, vendors, and in group or team settings; Ability to respond to requests quickly
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving problems, not looking for who is responsible; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others’ ideas; Motivates and encourages others to achieve success, grow, and reach beyond their capabilities; Instills confidence in self and others; Displays emotional intelligence during times of conflict and/or pressurized work environments; Balances professional and personal life stresses to ensure consistent work; Sets high personal standards
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Demonstrates a positive attitude; Puts success of team above own interest; Able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Process Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Provides and applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans; Anticipates potential problems and takes steps to resolve
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well alone and in group problem solving situations
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals