October is observed as Adopt a Shelter Dog Month by The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA). Of course, the most fitting way to celebrate would be to actually adopt a shelter dog, but that isn’t always feasible! Don’t worry though, if you can’t physically adopt a dog there are other ways you can help out.
- Tweet or re-tweet messages that send people to shelter animal websites
- Update your Facebook status. For example: “October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month. Save a life: Adopt a dog!”
- Sign up to be a foster parent or shelter volunteer, or contact your local shelter or rescue group and find out ways you can help.
- Discuss the importance of pet adoption to your children and how helpful adopting animals is beneficial for both their lives and your own
- Write an ad in your local paper about the importance of adopting shelter animals
According to a poll by Edge Research, those who adopt a dog from a shelter are much more likely to feel positive about their experience, as opposed to someone who purchased a dog from a pet store.
Check out this information about pet adoption, provided by Rachel Ray:
Now, go out and adopt a shelter animal! Just kidding. But we hope this helps understand how much you are helping when you do adopt an animal.
Are you a pet owner and interested in saving 25% off every trip to the vet? Our Veterinary Discount Plan guarantees savings on your pets’ healthcare at every participating location!
As always, do not hesitate to contact an agent at Cochrane & Porter for any of your insurance needs! 781-943-1555 or email@example.com