Massachusetts Boat Insurance –
Vital insurance protection for your boats and recreational watercraft.
There is a reason Massachusetts is known as the Bay State. There are many places available for people to take their boats – such as the Bay, several rivers, and multiple lakes. However, if you have a boat or other recreational watercraft, it is important to have the proper insurance coverage. It’s affordable protection; the average boat costs less than one dollar per day to insure. Even though in Massachusetts boat insurance is not required, it is a smart decision. When you have boat insurance, you are covered for accidents that may occur in or out of the water. You are also covered if any natural disaster occurs, causing damage to your boat.
Typically, Massachusetts boat insurance covers:
- Physical Damage – Collision with another boat or a submerged object
- Personal Property – Any personal items that are on the boat
- Liability – Damage to the property of others, or bodily injury
- Towing & Assistance – Your boat becomes unable to operate and you are stranded
You’ll want to know several things when shopping for boat insurance. Some of these include:
- How many miles you are covered from the coastline
- If your policy is “agreed value” or “actual cash value” – it is important to know the difference because like cars, boats also depreciate in value.
- If you have underinsured/uninsured watercraft coverage
Although we insure many types of boats, the more common ones include:
- Pleasure Boats
- Sail Boats
- Commercial Vessel
- Motor Yachts
- Personal Watercraft
- Bass Boats
- Charter Boats
We have access to many different carriers all around New England, which makes it easier for us to find you an appropriate fit. For a quote on your Massachusetts boat insurance, call us at 781-431-9800.