In Massachusetts, professional liability insurance is referred to by several other names – “Commercial Liability Insurance,” Business Liability Insurance”, and others. It protects your Massachusetts business from financial loss resulting from claims of injury or damage caused to others by you or an employee. It is often confused with E&O insurance, but they are different.
A professional liability policy in Massachusetts can cover attorney fees, court costs, judgments and settlements. On the other hand, a general liability (will be linked to GL content page) policy will only cover claims from bodily injury, advertising injury, property damage, and personal injury. If a client or customer claims that a service causes a financial loss, professional liability insurance kicks in to cover the costs associated with any legal issues that may arise.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Who needs Massachusetts professional business liability insurance?
- Barber shops
- Beauty shops
- Church counselors
- Funeral directors
What are the benefits of having Massachusetts professional liability insurance?
- Helps to protect the integrity of your business
- Covers costs of defense and damages awarded – only up to the policy limits
- Supplies specialty damages that would not normally be covered under a standard policy
A Massachusetts professional liability insurance policy will cover you if a client claims that you or your business is responsible for any of the following:
- Made mistakes or oversights
- Provided incorrect or incomplete work
- Was negligent in rendering its professional services
- Failed to supply services as promised
Do you have questions about liability insurance or general insurance questions? Give us a call at 781-943-1555 or email us at email@example.com!