Be Prepared For Your Big Day!
Massachusetts wedding insurance, or “special event” insurance, is designed to cover you should you have to cancel or postpone an event because of adverse weather or natural disasters.
Common events that are covered from this insurance include:
- Weddings, showers and rehearsal dinners
- Bar mitzvahs
- Graduation parties
- Anniversary celebrations
- Milestone birthday party
The average cost of a wedding in the United States is $26,444! With that being said, there are several reasons why you should protect such an important investment:
- While event insurance is not always mandatory, many venues require you to be insured.
- Event insurance protects you if you’re held liable for property damage or bodily injury.
- Insurance offers host liquor liability to protect against alcohol-related incidents
You may be wondering exactly what a policy will cover. Most policies will provide coverage for:
- Cancellation due to death, illness, or injury of a key person in the event (members of immediately family)
- A key vender such as a florist, photographer, or caterer doesn’t show up – some of those costs can be recovered.
For these events, liability coverage is also vital. However, it is important to keep in mind many venues already provide liability coverage. That is a smart question to ask before the big day!
Also see Liquor Liability Insurance.
This is not intended to be a full description of coverage. For more information, call us at 781-943-1555 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! If you have questions regarding your insurance at all, don’t hesitate to call us!